Questions? Contact individual recreation centers.
Cardio & Weight Area Rules & Regulations
- Based upon manufacturers recommendations, in order to reduce the chance of injury and
for the safe use of exercise equipment, children (12 and under) are restricted from using it.
Manufacturers also recommend teenagers be supervised. They need to have a signed
permission slip, and have their membership card appropriately punched confirming that all
required information is on file.
- Members and their guests must present cards to fitness desk attendants prior to using
cardiovascular equipment at all Recreation Facilities.
- Please do not rest on machines between sets. Be considerate and allow other members to work in.
- Please limit conversations on cell phones while in the fitness areas.
- Circuit trainers have priority while using variable resistance equipment. When performing
sets, please let circuit trainers work in to complete their circuit.
- Prior to using equipment, read the warning labels and instructions affixed to each machine.
- If you are unsure how to use a machine, an equipment orientation may be scheduled with
a fitness staff member. Information can be found on-line, in the HRCA Activities Guide and
at the registration desk at each facility.
- Return all weight equipment to the proper location when finished.
- Do not slam or drop weights.
- Please wipe off all equipment with disinfectant and paper towels when finished. Please
do not spray disinfectant directly onto cardio equipment as it may damage the electronics.
- Immediately report to HRCA staff any piece of equipment that is not functioning
properly, so it can be evaluated and serviced promptly. Do not attempt to use or fix
any piece of equipment that is not functioning properly.
- Appropriate gym attire and closed toe shoes are required. Any member wearing attire
deemed inappropriate by HRCA staff will be asked to change or leave the facility.
- If you feel pain, faint, discomfort and/or dizziness, discontinue exercising immediately
and notify HRCA staff.
- See the full document for most up-to-date Rec Center Rules & Regulations