Nursery Rules & Regulations
- Parents must remain in the building at all times while their children are in the Nursery.
- The service is available for children ages:
Northridge - nine months through eight years
Southridge – nine months through eight years
Westridge - three months through eight years
- There is an additional fee for these services. See hrcaonline.org or the HRCA Activity Guide. Payment is due at the time of service.
- Members may use the services for a maximum of two hours at any one time.
- HRCA Nurseries are allergy aware and parents are asked to be considerate of others who may have peanut allergies. However, the recreation centers are multi-use facilities and there is no guarantee of a peanut free environment.
- Staff is not trained to administer medications including Epi-pens.
- For the health of all children and nursery attendants, we ask that sick children not be brought to the nursery. Other arrangements must be made for a child that has a yellow or green nasal discharge, fever, rash, cough, diarrhea, or is vomiting.
- The nursery has a fifteen-minute limit to allow a child to become acquainted with the nursery environment. The parent will be called to the nursery in the event that a child
cries for fifteen minutes or more or is being disruptive.
- Dry snacks and light colored juices are preferred in the Nursery. Snacks are not provided. Baby bottles and cups with lids are permitted.
- If a child is in diapers, please bring spares. Diapers and wipes are not provided.
- As a safety measure, please make sure to close the door when entering and exiting the nursery.
- To better accommodate the parents using the nursery, we use an ID/sign-in system. A child will not be released until we have seen proper identification.
- HRCA is not responsible for personal items left in the nursery.
- The Nursery staff is required to maintain a safe, calm, and fun environment for every child. Unruly or disruptive children negatively impact the Nursery. Behavior that is deemed disruptive includes, but is not limited to, biting, hitting, bullying, and inappropriate language. All incidents will be communicated to the parents and evaluated on a case by case basis. Repeat offenses may lead to loss of nursery privileges.
- Please pick up an information sheet from the registration desk, on-line, or at the nursery for current fees and hours of operation.
- See the full document for most up-to-date Rec Center Rules & Regulations
Questions? Contact: 303-791-2500.