The Highlands Ranch Community Scholarship Fund is a 501(C)3 organization that provides post-secondary education scholarships for students residing in Highlands Ranch or attending Highlands Ranch schools. The scholarship was created to reward Highlands Ranch students who have demonstrated well-rounded participation in their community or school through volunteerism and/or community service hours. Review of applications and all scholarship decisions are made by the Highlands Ranch Community Scholarship Fund Committee and approved by the Board of Directors.
Awards will be determined by:
- Applicants must be dependent children entering their first year of post-secondary education.
- Applicants must be students who are enrolled or planning to enroll in a full-time course of study at an accredited institution or vocational-technical school.
- Students must enter class in the beginning of the academic year in which this scholarship is given.
- Awards are granted on an equal opportunity basis.
- School and/or community participation
- Career and educational aspiration and goals
- Past academic performances
- Work and mentoring experience
- Extenuating or unusual personal or family circumstances
- Three letters of recommendations (from teachers, current employers, community service supervisors, etc.)
Proceeds from the following events benefit the Highlands Ranch Community Scholarship Fund:
- Highlands Ranch Beer Festival
- Beverage Tastings
- Computer and Electronics Recycling