Times: All parties are two hours in length. You may choose from the following time slots: 9:30 -11:30 a.m., 1:00 - 3:00 p.m., and 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Ages: Our parties are recommended for children ages 4-12.
Capacity: Most of our parties have a capacity of 20 children. By clicking on the party photo above you’ll see the capacity for each party. There is an additional charge of $10 for every child that exceeds the included capacity, up to a maximum of 30 participants (exception: hayride maximum is 15). Parents are welcome to stay and are not included in the head count (exception: hayrides).
Activities: The first 90 minutes of your party will be led by our naturalists/wranglers. By clicking on the party photo above you’ll see the basic activities for each party. The last 30 minutes of the party are the responsibly of the host family. This is a great opportunity to eat cake or other food/drinks and open presents.
Decorations and Food: We provide basic decorations, tablecloths, wet wipes, trash bags, and clean up. We do NOT provide any tableware or utensils. Outside food and drink are welcome (with the exception of alcohol). We do not have any refrigeration services available and recommend using coolers for items that need to remain cold. You are welcome to bring additional decorations, but please keep in mind the wind can be a factor in setting up delicate decorations. We do NOT allow balloons due to their impact on wildlife if blown away.
Set up and Clean up: Our staff will set up theme appropriate table cloths and basic decorations. Host families are welcome to arrive 30 minutes before the party start time to set up their own food or decorations. We ask that you sort your trash and recycling appropriately and ask our naturalists if you are unsure of how to do so. Our staff will take care of basic clean up and removal of the trash and recycling.
What to Wear: All guests must come in closed toe shoes. Our birthday parties typically run rain or shine, so be sure guests dress appropriately for the weather. We will be active and outdoors so we recommend wearing comfortable clothes that can get a little dirty.
Pricing: Parties start at $200. By clicking on the party photo above you’ll discover more details about pricing. Parties must be paid in full at the time of booking to secure reservation.
- Campfire and S’mores Add-On: For $20, you can add on a campfire (pending fire restrictions) and s’mores for all participants.
- Creature Feature Add-On: For $50, you can add on a creature feature to any party. We recommend pairing the creature feature with our Wild for Wildlife and Camo Adventure parties.
Location: Backcountry Base Camp: 6005 Ron King Trail, Littleton, 80125. Map & DirectionsCancellation Policy:
- Cancellations made more than seven days in advance will be refunded with a $50 cancellation fee.
- Refunds will not be given for cancellations made fewer than seven days before the scheduled event.
- HRCA BWA reserves the right to modify or terminate any party to accommodate unforeseen circumstances. In said event, every attempt will be made to notify the planner as soon as possible. If a mutually agreeable alternative date/time cannot be agreed upon by the planner and HRCA, a full refund will be offered.
- Hayrides are subject to weather and road conditions.
- These parties run rain, snow, or shine with the exception of excessive rain, lightning, and temperatures at or below 25 degrees. Refunds are not issued for inclement weather*.
*Inclement Weather Policy: In the event of heavy rain or snow, we will contact you to reschedule your program. Programs typically run rain, snow, or shine. In the event of lightning, Backcountry staff will instruct guests on lightning protocol. If lightning is within ten miles or thunder is heard, all guests are required to immediately seek refuge in cars and wait for Backcountry staff to notify guests when the program will resume, 30 minutes after the last lightning strike. If lightning delays the planned activities for more than one hour, Backcountry staff will work with you to reschedule your party. If fewer than 30 minutes remain in your program when a storm moves in, your party is considered completed. We reserve the right to make decisions regarding weather and safety of participants.
Book a Party
Booking: firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-471-7054
When inquiring about a party, please provide the following information:
- Your name and phone number
- The birthday child’s name and age they are turning
- Party theme requesting
- If you want any of the add-ons
- First and second choice of date and time
- Estimate on party size