most scout programs are 1 hour
Cost: $125 for a 1-hour program unless otherwise noted
Capacity: For effective teaching, we limit regular scout programs to one troop. Modifications can be made to accommodate more than one troop.
What to Wear: Closed toe shoes are required for all participants. Scout programs typically run rain, snow, or shine, so be sure to dress appropriately for the weather.
Location: All of our scout programs begin at Backcountry Base Camp: 6005 Ron King Trail, Littleton, 80125. Map & Directions
Late Arrivals: Please inform us if you are running late to your program. Should your group arrive late, the program will still end at the scheduled time.
Payment: A deposit of 50% is due 14 days before the program date. Remaining balance must be paid before the start of the program.
- Programs can be rescheduled up to 48 hours before scheduled start at no cost, subject to availability.
- Cancellations made more than seven days in advance will be refunded with a $5 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations made less than seven days before the scheduled program will be billed 50% of the program fee.
- The BWA reserves the right to modify or terminate any scout program to accommodate unforeseen circumstances. In said event, every attempt will be made to notify the planner as soon as possible. If a mutually agreeable alternative date/time cannot be agreed upon by the planner and HRCA, a full refund will be offered.
- Inclement Weather Policy: Programs typically run rain, snow, or shine. In the event of heavy rain or snow, we will contact you to reschedule your program. In the event of lightning, Backcountry staff will instruct guests on lightning protocol. Due to the outdoor nature of our programs, buses or vehicles are required to stay on site during the program. If lightning is within 10 miles or thunder is heard, all guests are required to immediately seek refuge in vehicles and wait for Backcountry staff to notify guests when the program will resume, 30 minutes after the last lightning strike. If lightning delays the planned activities for more than one hour, Backcountry staff will work with you to reschedule your field trip. If fewer than 30 minutes remain in your program when a storm moves in, your field trip is considered completed. We reserve the right to make final decisions regarding weather and safety of participants.
Book a Program
Booking: Jess.Fangman@hrcaonline.org or 303-471-7054.
When inquiring about a program, please provide the following information:
- Troop name and number
- Main contact name, e-mail address, and cell phone number for day of program
- Program(s) requesting
- First and second choice of date and time
- Group size and ages
- Special accommodations needed for your Scouts