Grades: PreK - 12
Please contact us directly with inquiries for high school field trips.
Length: 3 - 4 hours
Cost: $400 for first 30 students; $8 each additional student; up to 60 students. Title 1 schools please contact us for pricing information.
Capacity: For effective teaching, we limit field trips to 60 students. Multiple programs can be done to fit more students. Cancellation Policy:
Location: All of our field trips begin at Backcountry Base Camp: 6005 Ron King Trail, Littleton, 80125. Map & Directions
Lunch: Each student is required to bring a bagged lunch. Groups are welcome to bring large coolers to keep lunches cool. The Backcountry Wilderness Area has a pack-it-in, pack-it-out policy—there is no trash can on site. Students must put all trash back into their lunch bag or backpack.
What to Wear: Closed toe shoes are required for all participants. Field trips typically run rain, snow, or shine, so be sure to dress appropriately for the weather.
Late Arrivals: Please inform us if you are running late to your program. Should your group arrive late, the program will still end at the scheduled time.
Payment: A deposit of 50% is due 14 days before the program date. Remaining balance must be paid before the start of the field trip.
- Programs can be rescheduled up to 48 hours before scheduled start at no cost, subject to availability.
- Cancellations made more than seven days in advance will be refunded with a $50 cancellation fee.
- Refunds will not be given for cancellations made fewer than seven days before the scheduled program.
- The BWA reserves the right to modify or terminate any school program to accommodate unforeseen circumstances. In said event, every attempt will be made to notify the planner as soon as possible. If a mutually agreeable alternative date/time cannot be agreed upon by the planner and the BWA, a full refund will be offered.
- Inclement Weather Policy: Programs typically run rain, snow, or shine. In the event of heavy rain or snow, we will contact you to reschedule your program. In the event of lightning, Backcountry staff will instruct guests on lightning protocol. Due to the outdoor nature of our programs, buses or vehicles are required to stay on site during the program. If lightning is within 10 miles or thunder is heard, all guests are required to immediately seek refuge in vehicles and wait for Backcountry staff to notify guests when the program will resume, 30 minutes after the last lightning strike. If lightning delays the planned activities for more than one hour, Backcountry staff will work with you to reschedule your field trip. If fewer than 30 minutes remain in your program when a storm moves in, your field trip is considered completed. We reserve the right to make final decisions regarding weather and safety of participants.
Book a Field Trip
Email or call: email@example.com or 303-471-8876.
When booking a program, please provide the following information:
- Name, address, and phone number of school or organization
- Main contact name and mobile phone number for day of program
- Name of program(s) and curricula requesting
- First and second choice date and time to schedule program
- Group size and grade level (note: we can accommodate up to 15 students per station in our rotation programs)
- Any special education/physical needs of your students