The Highlands Ranch Farmers’ Market has become one of the area’s finest. HRCA will be partnering with Denver Farmers’ Market to bring these exceptional markets to Highlands Ranch residents.
The Farmers' Market season starts with a plethora of sauces, pastas, flowers, breads, and more. As produce comes in-season, the market explodes with all the colors, smells, and varieties of Colorado’s bounty. Select the freshest in breads, fruits, and vegetables for your family to enjoy all season long.
A copy of the 2019 Colorado Farm Fresh Directory will be available at any HRCA facility during the season.
For vendor information about the market call 303-809-2865, or Email.
2019 Farmers' Market Vendors:
- Azteca Gourmet LLC
- Baba & Pop's Handmade Pierogi
- Bavarian Sausage Express
- Cecolors & Company
- Devil Dog Colorado
- Dragon Wave Designs
- Honey Gal
- HSC Inc.
- J Wild LLC
- Koglers Bakery
- Leashes Etc.
- Lindsey Handbags
- Molly's Barkery
- Moringa Infusions
- Mountain Meadow Lamb
- N&N Cuisine LLC
- Nature's Best CBD
- Renewal by Andersen
- Royal Crest Dairy
- Shinkle Chic Boutique
- Skoob Childrens Books
- Sweet Viking Candied Peppers
- Taspen Organics
- Taste of Salvador
- Three Kings Kombucha
- Tierra por vida
- Tutor Doctor
- Wellness Bridge
- Wham Bam, Thank You Pam! Baked Goods
- Wild Alaskan Seafood
Do You Know...
These Farmers' Market Shopping Tips?
- It pays to get up early – Get to the Market when it opens to find the best selection and the freshest produce.
- Bring your own bag – Bring your own canvas shopping bag or basket from home.
- Try something new – Buy something you haven’t tried before. The Farmers’ Market is the perfect place to learn about new foods. Vendors will be happy to advise you on how to select and prepare it.
- Bring a cooler – Put a cooler in your car to keep food items cool when you buy at the market. They’ll stay fresh while you visit the unique shops and restaurants on the square.
- Ask questions – Make sure to ask questions of the vendors when you see unfamiliar produce. Vendors and farmers love to share their knowledge and can even give you recipes and cooking tips.
- Dress comfortably – Wear walking shoes and dress appropriately for the weather.
AND...Fun Facts About the Food We Eat
Facts From: Woodstock, IL Farmers' Market web site
- Lettuce is a member of the sunflower family.
- In the US, lettuce is the second most popular fresh vegetable.
- Apples are a member of the rose family.
- The name asparagus comes from the Greek language and means “sprout” or “shoot.”
- Asparagus is a member of the Lily family and is related to onions, leeks, and garlic.
- Pumpkins were once recommended for removing freckles and curing snake bites!
- Americans are eating 900% more broccoli than we did 20 years ago.
- A hive of bees flies over 55,000 miles to bring you one pound of honey.
- Honey bee can fly 15 miles per hour.
- Honey bees must visit 2 million flowers to make one pound of honey.
- Each honey bee makes 1/12th teaspoon of honey in its lifetime.
- It takes a combine 9 seconds to harvest enough wheat to make 70 loaves of bread.
- One bushel of corn will sweeten more than 400 cans of pop.
- There are about 600 kernels on each ear of corn.
- Farmers grow corn on every continent except Antarctica.
- Each American consumes, on average, 53 pounds of bread per year.
- A family of four could live for 10 years off the bread produced by one acre of wheat.
- Soy crayons have been created to replace toxic petroleum-wax crayons and are easier to use, brighter in color, and less expensive to produce.
- One acre of soybeans can produce 82,368 crayons.