Covenant Frequently Asked Questions

Covenant Compliance Reminder: Home owners are required to submit plans for approval to the Community Improvement Services Department (they will pass the requests to the Architectural Control Committee) for all exterior improvements prior to installation. For example, home owners must submit plans when painting, installing air-conditioning equipment, or putting in a deck. While some improvements do not require approval, there may be parameters that need to be followed. The HRCA strives to ensure choices are in harmony with the overall appearance of the community. More

What can I do about a barking dog or a neighbor that does not clean up after their animals on a regular basis?

If you are trying to solve a problem with a barking dog or clean up after a pet, please start with communicating your concern to the pet owner or contact the following county authorities:

  • Douglas County Animal Services, 303-660-7529, 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
  • Sheriff’s Department Dispatch, 303-660-7500 (After 6 p.m. if an animal problem requires immediate attention).