Application Submittal Deadline:
Friday, February 21, 2020Art Encounters Exhibit Timeframe:
May 2020 - May 2021Program Benefits:
• Artists have the opportunity to spread their name and work throughout Douglas County and beyond.
• Artists who submit more than one application have the opportunity for more than one piece to be selected. This could result in one piece in one jurisdiction and one piece in another for greater publicity.
• Selected artists receive an $800 stipend, payable after completion of the installation process.
• Artists have the opportunity to win two $1,000 awards. One for the People's Choice Award and another for the Judge's Choice Award.
• Artists have the chance for their artwork to be purchased. Ten sculptures have been purchased since the program was initiated in 2008.Apply online
Art Encounters is a year-long outdoor sculpture exhibit that showcases a number of sculptures, in various media and styles, displayed in highly visible areas in Castle Rock, Highlands Ranch, Parker, Roxborough and the Lone Tree Library. The project is designed to promote public interest in art, develop community pride and draw visitors to the retail or civic areas where they are displayed. All art is for sale to the general public.