We believe that children belong outside. At Eco Explorers, nature is the teacher. We are mentors and facilitators, helping young children connect with their own bodies, each other, and nature within a safe explorative space at our Backcountry Base Camp. Each four-week session is themed and may include free nature play, storytime, short exploratory hikes, arts and crafts, and a meet-and-greet with live animals. Each child must be accompanied by an adult (adults may be responsible for more than one child, can bring younger siblings, and can also be the accompanying adult for a child in our Mini Camps).
- Ages 2.5-4, split into two age groups:
Seeds: 2.5-3.5 yo, and Sprouts: 3.5-4 yo
- 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., once a week (session dates are below)
- 4-week long sessions allow for comfort and growth throughout the program
- Age and theme specific programming
- Instructor child ratio is 1:6
- An adult must remain on the property throughout the program. Feel free to enjoy some “you” time—bring a book to read or make a friend, or stretch your legs with us on a free Wellness Walk (10:00-11:30 a.m.) through the Backcountry. Adults may also be the accompanying adult for a child in our Mini Camps.
- Siblings under the age of 2.5 are welcome to tag along with “their adult” and explore in the fields or play in our huge sandpit.
Refund and transfer requests must be made 7 days prior to the start date of the program.