HRCA is pleased to reopen the recreation centers to the public, effective June 1! Please know that your health and safety are very important to us, and we appreciate your patience and flexibility as we navigate this first phase of reopening. We ask that everyone abide by the following guidelines to keep our staff and our community safe and healthy and allow us to remain open.
During the initial phase of reopening, several new procedures are in place:
- Facility hours have been modified to 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday-Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- Temperature checks will be done on anyone entering the facilities
- When inside our facilities, we strongly recommend that you wear a mask
- Maintain 6 feet of social distance
- Use provided wipes to clean off equipment after use
- Limit your workout to 60 minutes to allow others use of the facilities
- No daily drop-in guest passes will be available
In addition, capacity will be limited in the recreation centers (this will include the number of people participating in programs and camps, as well as using workout equipment). If you arrive and the building is at full capacity, you may need to wait outside for entry.
What is open, now?
- Administration offices will be open as normal from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Cardio/ Free Weight/ Circuit – limited capacity with adequate spacing
- Gymnasium – for programs and programmed activities (pickleball, badminton) in limited capacity only. No open gym.
- Programs- check website for programs and restrictions/guidelines for each program
- Fitness classes and Personal Training
- Backcountry – trails and archery range – check website for programs
- Tennis Pavilion/Indoor Tennis
- Golf Simulator at NR – singles or two people of same family
- Batting Cages
- Pools; Pool Reopening Guidelines
- Racquetball courts at Northridge - singles only
- Running Track at NR – opened June 15 (all other tracks remained closed due to cardio equipment spacing)
What is NOT currently open?
- Sand Volleyball
- Running Tracks (except Northridge, see above)
- Hot Tubs, Saunas and Steam Rooms
- Climbing Wall
- Facility Rentals
- Water Fountains- please bring your own water bottle
- Senior Lounge – Can’t safely reopen at this time for seniors due to confined space limitations restricting effective social distancing.
- The following pools are not available for Open Swim at this time: Eastridge Leisure Pool, Westridge Tot Pool, and Southridge Zero Depth Play Area
When will these amenities open?
They will open when we can maintain social distancing and it is safe to do so according to health officials. Please be patient with our staff as we implement these new procedures. We look forward to welcoming you back into our facilities.
We are working diligently to provide a clean, safe environment for you, but with all things related to COVID-19 there is inherent risk. It is up to you to choose to use the HRCA amenities, knowing that you assume risk when gathering with other people and visiting other facilities.