Mark Giebel, Director
If you’re curious about the nooks and crannies of the Backcountry Wilderness Area, ask Mark. He started as a lifeguard with the HRCA 24 years ago, began conducting research in the Backcountry in 2001, and became the director of the Backcountry Wilderness Area in 2006.
303-471-8885 | Mark.Giebel@HRCAonline.org
AnnaKate Hein, Program Supervisor
Most often spotted leading a troop of kid explorers from Camp Backcountry’s Base Camp, AnnaKate oversees all of Backcountry’s programs including Camp Backcountry
, youth programs, and school groups
- Born & Raised: Georgia
- Educated: University of Georgia: Political Science, minor in Music and Environmental Ethics; Vermont Law School: Masters in Environmental Law and Policy
- Where She Can be Found Outside the Backcountry: Paddle boarding rivers, mountain biking, and camping
- She Did What?!?: Studied marine ecology and human environmental impacts in Antarctica
303-471-8876 | AnnaKate.Hein@HRCAonline.org
Gus Brunger, Property Maintenance Coordinator
If it needs built or fixed in the Backcountry Wilderness Area, Gus is on it.
- Born & Raised: Castle Rock, Colorado
- Educated: Colorado State University: Natural Resource Recreation & Tourism
- Where He Can Be Found Outside the Backcountry: Fly Fishing & Hunting
- He Did What?!?: Played lacrosse for 14 years
303-471-7042 | Gus.Brunger@HRCAonline.org
Maggie John, Education Coordinator
Whether it’s teaching the rock cycle to preschoolers or planning the perfect week at Camp Backcountry, Maggie assists with all kinds of programs in the Backcountry Wilderness Area.
- Born & Raised: Virginia
- Educated: University of Virginia: Environmental Planning & Environmental Science
- Where She Can be Found Outside the Backcountry: Camping, snowboarding, & mountain biking
- She Did What?!?: Won a national championship in ultimate Frisbee
303-471-7054 | Maggie.John@HRCAonline.org
Lindsey McKissick, Communications & Outreach Coordinator
You’ll find Lindsey trying to capture the best of the Backcountry Wilderness Area with words and photos along with bringing awareness to it through the Backcountry Conservation & Education Fund
- Born & Raised: Colorado & Illinois
- Educated: University of Wyoming: Journalism; Masters in Communication
- Where She Can Be Found Outside the Backcountry: Hiking, paddleboarding, mountain biking, & camping with her husband and two daughters
- She Did What?!?: Interviewed pro athletes like Yao Ming, Nolan Arenado, & Von Miller in her former life as a sports reporter.
303-471-7076 | Lindsey.McKissick,@HRCAonline.org