The Highlands Ranch Community Scholarship Fund is a 501(C) 3 organization that provides post-secondary education scholarships for students residing in Highlands Ranch or attending Highlands Ranch schools.
The scholarship was created to reward Highlands Ranch students who have demonstrated well-rounded participation in their community or school through volunteerism and/or community service hours. Applications are reviewed throughout March and notification letters are sent to all recipients in April. An award ceremony for recipients is in May.
- Awards are granted on an equal opportunity basis.
- Review of applications and all scholarship decisions are made by the Highlands Ranch Community Scholarship Fund Committee and approved by the Board of Directors.
- Applicants must be dependent children entering their first year of post-secondary education.
- Applicants must be students who are enrolled or planning to enroll in a full-time course of study at an accredited institution or vocational-technical school. Students must enter class in the beginning of the academic year in which this scholarship is given.
- Awards will be determined by:
- school and/or community participation
- career and educational aspiration and goals
- past academic performances
- work and mentoring experience
- extenuating or unusual personal or family circumstances
- three letters of recommendations (from teachers, current employers, community service supervisors, etc.)
Proceeds from the following events benefit the Highlands Ranch Community Scholarship Fund:
- Highlands Ranch Beer Festival
- Beverage Tastings
- Computer and Electronics Recycling
Download 2013 Scholarship Information and Applications
Highlands Ranch Community Scholarship Fund Program Guidelines
Highlands Ranch Community Scholarship Fund Application